sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. It has a push button

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. It has a push button starter. I've recently noticed that it is taking longer to start. It used to start immediately but now it cranks awhile and eventually will start. Any idea what could be causing this?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a long crank time. Fuel quality, short drive cycles/run time in cold weather and software will sometimes cause a long crank time. The problem may be with the ignition system, a lost or erratic cam or crank sensor signal can cause a long crank time. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to check for fault codes.

If no fault codes are set then the next step will be to check for fuel pressure bleedoff. Fuel pressure can bleed off through leaking injectors or through the check valve in the fuel pump, fuel pressure bleedoff is the most common cause of a long crank time.