eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

In 2012 winter it was the coldest day in 5 years and I slid

Customer Question

Hi there,
In 2012 winter it was the coldest day in 5 years and I slid my 2009 Elantra Touring into a stop sign, the icy cold easily shattering the drivers side headlamp area completely. I had the superficial work done, but there are still electrical wiring problems, some corrosion related by now, and some harness and wires still need fixing/replacement; the horn doesn’t sound off when depressed, the airbag light is on, the wipers tend to malfunction, the drivers headlight and signals tend to malfunction, and the stereo left side speaker became fuzzy. I brought the car into the Hyundai dealership and they gave me the assessment:
both Corroded battery cables need replacement
2 front end wiring harnesses need replacement
Air bag module needs replacement
and drivers headlamp assy may need also
I have the following parts being shipped: battery cables, 1 of the front end wiring harness (part number 91870-2L030), and air bag module. However, I can’t track this part: 91209-2L100 wiring
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

I don't see that as a valid Hyundai part # what is this harness for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know exactly but when I asked Hyundai for the part numbers for the work they said needed to be done when I took it in there, that's what they gave me.
I couldn't find that part number either, but the other part numbers all were available through the online parts warehouse. Here is a list of the relevant parts numbers On the list:
Headlamp assy-92101-2L150
Airbag module-95910-2L040
Front end wiring harness-91870-2L030
*Front harness for wiring: 91209-2L100
Battery cables: 91850-2L220 and 91860-2L001
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

yea its not a valid part # if you can tell me what its for I can try and locate the correct part #

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't know, I'm not a mechanic. I will call the dealership tmrw and get back to you. If possible. Maybe there is a mistake.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

yes please... is this something you plan on changing yourself? or are you comparing prices?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plan on having it done in a shop by a licensed mechanic
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

gottcha.. Most good mechanics can repair minor damage to a harness. Dealer guys generally just replace the whole harness a good tech can repair the damage to help save on cost..