rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I locked my keys in the trunk of my hyndaii sonata 2011. a

Customer Question

I locked my keys in the trunk of my hyndaii sonata 2011. a police officer opened the car with a jimmy and now it is stolen mode my truck button will not release my truck. i cant figure out how to get in thru the backseats can you help me?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

That's not good, and I'm sorry this happened to you, but your only choice is a qualified shop or the dealer with a scan tool to fix this for you. Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ron,
Just my luck my boyfriend has someone on their way from hyndaii to fix it. I didn't realize having it opened would cause this problem. Found out should have called hyndaii themselves. They could have remotely opened car.
Annie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!!!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you too.

Please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again.