sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

About 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (3.5 engine) Problem:

Customer Question

About 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (3.5 engine) Problem: A/C blower motor was working I serviced the A/C system, and now the blower motor does not work. the connectors (two of them) of the blower motor are both plugged in. One connector is located on
the top of the HVAC housing, and the other connector is plugged in in the lower area (the hump) of the blower motor (the fan). Everything else is working fine. The compressor is engaging well and the evaporator gets as cold as it can get.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that will cause the blower motor to not work. The problem may be a blown fuse, the blower motor itself, wiring and connections, the control head, blower motor switch, the resistor, or blower motor relay.

Have you checked fuses?

Have you checked for power and ground at the blower motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No., I have not checked the fuses. Please, do you have available the fuse identification chart that is on the lid of the fuse box on the driver side inside the passenger area (right under the left side of the steering wheel? My car does not have it and it is hard to check for specific fuses. Every time I have to check a fuse, I must check all of them. So the fuse chart would help me tremendously to save time. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, this information request is about a 2006 Hyundai Satna Fe Limited 3.5 engine

I'm unable to post directly from the service information due to copyright but I can describe the physical locations as soon as I can get to my service information this evening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will wait until tonight. I will check for power and ground as soon as I receive the information from you. Oh, this information request is about a 2006 Hyundai Satna Fe Limited 3.5 engine

The blower motor relay is powered by the 40 amp BLR fuse under the hood and 10 amp fuse 9 inside. If you have a test light handy it will be quicker to just check for power at the blower motor first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sprinkle08:When you say, fuse # ***** should I count fused to reach fuse # *****? Should I count from top to bottom of the driver compartment fuse box starting on the top left corner? Should I start counting fuses from left to right starting from the top left corner? Please, let me know. Also, how difficult would it be to take out the climate control panel (where the temperature and blower motor speed control knobs are)???

Did you verify that there is no power at the blower motor connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There seems to be no power at the blower motor resistor connector.

There won't be power going to the resistor, the resistor is the ground side of the circuit. Power is supplied by the relay on the red/white wire at the blower motor. With the alligator clip of a test light connected to ground and the blower motor turned on you're probing the red/white wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sprinkle08:I posted the following question above once, but I am sure you did not see it.When you say, fuse # ***** should I count fused to reach fuse # *****? Should I count from top to bottom of the driver compartment fuse box starting on the top left corner? Should I start counting fuses from left to right starting from the top left corner? Please, let me know. Also, how difficult would it be to take out the climate control panel (where the temperature and blower motor speed control knobs are)???

I did see it but as I mentioned it will be easier to take a few seconds and simply check for power at the blower motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is power at the blower motor connector. There is also voltage at the connector that connects to the motor blower resistor. I measured the voltage and it gives me a reading for every single motor blower speed (at the switch). So, every time I increase the intensity of the air that should come out of the vents using the switch, the motor blower resistor connector reads a higher voltage (that is, for every higher speed selected at the a/c switch, there is a commensurate higher voltage at the resistor's connector). Is this OK? However, the fan is still not moving and not blowing any air.

How exactly did you test at the resistor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I inserted the read lead in the male resistor connector I had the first reading in volts then I slowly switched the speed using the switch buttons.

Where was the black lead connected, what was the meter set to, and what color wire did you probe with the red lead?