Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My hyundia santa fe 2003 had a over voltage problem that was

Customer Question

my hyundia santa fe 2003 had a over voltage problem that was fixed, but now the fuse for the air bag blows when I turn on the ing.
what could it be if not the air bag controller
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you are talking about the 15 amp fuse in location 20 that would mean the red/black wire that goes from fuse to airbag module has shorted to ground. You will need to follow wire to find short or run a new wire. Here is a wire diagram to help with testing, let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdzzkp2gomjwdtr/SANTFE130a.png?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the fuse. I disconnected the battery and pulled the connector of the air bag controller and then connected the battery and started the car, the fuse did not blow.
guess that means that I don't have a short in the wire harness, that's good, but it looks like the controller is bad.
I had sent it into a place that repairs them, guess they did not do a good job.
Is there anything else that I can try.
I did see on some models that fuse also supplies power to the 'seat weight' controller, but I guess if the air bag controller is unplugged that that can't be it.
thanks,
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If fuse stops blowing with controller unplugged that would mean controller is the problem. At that point I'd buy a used/new controller and tell place that rebuilt it you want money back. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That what I thought, its a bear to get out, thanks for your help.
my friend and I could not fined much info on this care so we were not sure.
any way thanks for the help.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, let me know if you need anything or how it turns out. Thanks again and have a great day!