Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I Have a 2005 Sonata 2.7L. Car starts fine, but as soon as I

Customer Question

i Have a 2005 Sonata 2.7L. Car starts fine, but as soon as I hit the gas - it stalls ? I've been told it is the transmission / torque converter ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases any time the computer system sees a system fault in the engine management system it will set and store a fault code and or codes including the transmission control system, in order to be able to help you determine what is failing on your Sonata the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes and or codes setting. If you get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.