rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Im trying to find a stock waste gate 2010 2.0T Genesis

Customer Question

Im trying to find a stock waste gate for my 2010 2.0T Genesis Coupe. Any tips where to find it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Chris W - Concord CA
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This part should still be available at the dealer, but you can also try www.car-part.com.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ron,
I've already tried that route at the Hyundsi dealership but they said that I would have to order the whole stock Turbo and Waste Gate together because Hyundai does not sell them seperately. That's almost $3000. So I'm trying to to find just the Stock Waste Gate for my car.
Thank You
Chris W
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I see. I think I would would consider one out of a junk yard then. You may have to buy the whole unit, but it won't be as expensive and you'll have an extra part too then.

Thanks again Chris,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Chris, and please don't forget to rate me and save this link in case you need me again,