Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Installed new blend door passenger side 2006 hyundai sonata

Customer Question

installed new blend door passenger side 2006 hyundai sonata door still doesnt close all the way on ac so it will heat
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure the actuator is okay then start with removing it and try closing the door by hand, if you now have heat then you are going to need to check the signal to the actuator. See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blend%20door%20actuator%20Nov%2022.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actuator seems to move fine in both directions while un installed but will not make full loop when installed door moves freely by hand this is my second actuator it doesnt have much power to operate the heat loop
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Do you get heat if you manually close the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is heat when door is closed manually when installed only closes part way and stoppes it will finish cycle with a touch of my finger
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then you back to either a defective blend door actuator or the signal to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems to me the actuator is not doing its job
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If thats the case and the door moves freely then it should close it so you can get good heat.