Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

I have a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz with 73.000 mikes. I recently

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz with 73.000 mikes. I recently started to notice a clicking noise in the engine. this happens mostly when I first start the car or after it has been sitting a little while. I took it to Hyundai and the Service manager determined that it needs a new motor. The actual mechanic that worked on the car said they flushed it many times and found some tiny metal shavings but that it would be ok. They noticed that it usually made the clicking noise when they left it standing for a while. The Dealership requested a new motor but the request was denied by corporate Hyundai. Do you have any knowledge of this problem with Veracruz's and what can I do to stop the clicking? I sincerely ***** ***** help.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

This is a known issue with the hydraulic lifters ,

You could talk to the dealer and find out if the lifters need replacing or if its a oil pressure issue .

We had a few in the shop out of warranty , so we did a 15- 20 minute engine flush and after the flush filled with 10W30 Castrol

and this did the trick .

The flush cleaned out the oil channels and lifters internally ,and then they responding quicker to adjust and not click anymore .

Personally i think this is due to the new system of oil changes That the company's are setting ,and they are being done to long and to many miles before being changed .

We have proved that an engine that is changed every 3000 miles do not have this problem ..

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.