George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Can you help with my 2007 enotourage which developed a

Customer Question

can you help with my 2007 enotourage which developed a whining noise after 2-3 hours of normal drive on hwy
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
drove another 100 km but the noise kept going high on touching the gas pedal as if something is grinding .. had oil leaks upon my last engine oil change and was advised to replace transmission oil ..
still the car drives fine but engine noise is deafning. Will the level of trans fuel drop adding to noise
Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

hello, is the noise coming from the engine/transmission where you can do it at idle sitting still or is a rotational noise that goes with vehicle speed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise is only on pressing the gas pedal otherwise normal engine running with no noise in idke
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending you a video file which has recorded the engine noise when car was running at approx 100 km an hour on hwy
Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

Ok so its making noise while moving and hitting the accelerator and not sitting still you cant duplicate it? Does it match vehicle speed? Ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the noise goes more grinding with increase in speed
My video file size is too big than 5mb , let me see if I can cut it short
I checked the transmission dip stick which shows the tip by about half an inch has transmission fluid
Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

Ok need to know if its coming from the engine/transmission or sounds like its coming from a wheel/axle hard to diagnose a noise for sure without more info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise is definutely from engine and not from wheel / axle
Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

Ok, does it make a difference if the ac is on or not? It wont do it sitting still only when driving?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not try to observe on AC but yes it comes only on driving and not on engine running with no gas pedal depreseed
I can call you if you provide your phone number and let you listen the Audio file on my mobile
Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

Im in the usa not sure If I could call you, if you want I will open this question up to other experts since its only while driving

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can call USA numbers no problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you think that drivability noise issue can be answered by someone else let me know