Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 25 years experience, Ford Trans Tech/SMT, Toyota, Mitsubishi,Hyundai Tech.
285738

I am replacing the valve body on a 2002 Hyundai Sonata. I

Customer Question

I am replacing the valve body on a 2002 Hyundai Sonata. I have two check balls that rolled out of place. I need to know where to place them in the valve body.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you've been waiting a while and while this diagram is not the clearest let me know if it helps.

If not just let me know and I'll open it back up to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two steel balls that you showed me in your diagram are on the top outside of the solenoid. These are obvious and they are not check balls. I need the location of the two check balls that go behind the shift solenoid plate. Nice try but no cigar.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Got ya, I'll open this back up to others and look through some hardcopy manuals I have. Someone else or myself should be with you shortly.

Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is the best picture I can find, looks as if it may sit on number 12 the spring/fixed orifice

Expert:  Gene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did this help you?