Roger, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

My 2011 Hyundai sonata won't start, just bought it less then

Customer Question

My 2011 Hyundai sonata won't start, just bought it less then a month ago with 95k. Running fine until last night, go to start it all the dash lights come on radio works headlights work but when I turn the key nothing happens
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, is there any clicking noise when the key is turned? Starters are relatively common on these but we need to verify that's the problem. Do you have access to a multimeter for testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No clicking noise at all and no multimeter
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what is the engine size.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.4l
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok that's what I figured. Without a multimeter your diagnostic options are limited, so all I can really do is give you common failures based off of symptoms, but without you being able to test them there's no way to verify failure other than replacing the part(s). Before you replace anything, remove the battery and have it tested at a parts store, they'll test them for free. If it tests good, check the battery cable connections, if you don't find anything then you likely have a failed starter, just based off the history of these 2.4 liter engines. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in on your vehicle, you never responded to my previous post. Also, please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!