George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a squealing idler Pulle on '07 Hyundai SAntaFe.

Customer Question

I have a squealing idler Pulle on '07 Hyundai SAntaFe. Was given some instruction from a Hyundai mechanc on what to do but not clear enough for me, a shade tree mechanic. I have loosened a 17mm nut below a lower pulley that was shown to me. I moved that
nut about 3/4 of a turn, I don't know how much more do I need to loosen before the belts tension decreases? I don't want this bolt to fall off to where I have a problem with re-tightening later. Also the bolt holding the idler pulley is way to tight for me
to break it loose if I can release the tension. Do I need A cheater bar to loosen??? I already have the replacement idler ready to install. Need some advice as to what to expect on my problem questions.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does it have the 2.7 or 3.3 engine?