Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

My remote is still working, it locks and unlocks the car,

Customer Question

My remote is still working, it locks and unlocks the car, but it stopped chirpping when i push it to lock and unlock the car. Is that a programmable feature or is the alarm now broken.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are discribing may be caused by the alarm system not setting when you lock the car but in order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned to see if the alarm system is setting any fault codes which is should be if the system is seeing a fault. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The alarm is setting. It sounds if open a door or trunk. The cut off also works. It use to chrip arming and dis-arming it and that is the only thing not working.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If its not chirping anymore then the problem is likely with the alarm module and a scan would verify if that was the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you're telling me I need to bring it to a Hyundai dealer for the Scan, then that doesn't help me at all. I could have brought it to them in the first place, I wrote to Just Answer to get information on how to correct it myself.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

What I telling you is in order to begin to determine the cause diagnosis has to be done and that would be to start with a system scan. Unfortunately with out having a point to start there is no answer besides guessing. If you would like, I can open the post back up for you and hopefully someone else has something else to add.