350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L and I'm replacing the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L and I'm replacing the downstream O2 sensor. However, the problem I'm having is I can't see where the wire goes; I can only feel it. The harness attached to the wire is held on by a bracket, but I can't see that either. I can unplug it from the other harness. But, I can't figure out how to get the O2 sensor off the bracket to get it out. Do you have any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

the sensor pllug will be connected to the bracket with a plastic 'bayonet' barb so it can be pushed out of the bracket hole but you need to squeeze it in the right place to retract the barbs so the main connector body can be withdrawn

alternatively unbolt the bracket

or sometimes they use a plastic ty-wrap to secure the plug to the bracket so its a case of cutting this off with some side cutters and replacing with new when you come to re-fit it