Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Our interior lights no longer come on when a door is opened.

Customer Question

Our interior lights no longer come on when a door is opened. The "Door" switch is turned on. The lights work manually. When I took it to the dealer last week they told me to fix it they needed to replace the entire interior light system for $185! Surely there is another solution. I assume the light assembly can be taken out and the electrical system looked and the short found and corrected??
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The only other solution would be to check the circuit from the door switch BCM (body control module) to see if its getting the signal from the switch. If you wish to try this I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for the light circuit. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/interiorlight%20Nov%2010.pdf