Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I just replaced a new motor 2003 Hyundai elantra gt 2.0

Customer Question

I just replaced a new motor for a 2003 Hyundai elantra gt 2.0 engine sounds and runs fine but it jus idles funny and gets loud once it's in neutral
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain what you mean when you say it idle funny and gets loud. Where dose the noise sound like it coming from, does it appear to be in the engine or an external noise. Has the computer system bee scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting, post back with as much information as you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a high idling only when in neutral it runs high over 1000 rpms.and if u come to a complete stop it slowly goes down to normal.. we just put a replacement motor in it for a 2003 Hyundai elantra gt manual 2.0
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Has the computer been scanned and if so are you getting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would do that next but before you do that, try resetting the computer, to do this disconnect both battery cables and touch them together of for a few seconds and then reconnect them , start the engine and allow it to idle for about 15 minutes and see if it relearns the idle speed.