Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

When I use my A/C in my 2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4 dr. on hot

Customer Question

When I use my A/C in my 2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4 dr. on hot days, the engine temperature goes up quickly. I recently had it recharged & found it was down freon, so had it replaced. The mechanic didn't see any leaks. What could be going on?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If the engine temp is going up when you use the air conditioning it usually means only one of the cooling fans is coming on and the hot freon out in the condenser is causing the radiator coolant to get hot. OR there is a lot of dirt in the cooling fins on the condenser and radiator and your not getting good air flow. This has nothing to do with the amount of freon in the system.

You need to check the cooling fans and make sure both are coming on when the air is on, and if they are try cleaning out the cooling fins with a garden hose.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Just thought I would check in and see if you need any further assistance with this?