Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

A 2003 Hyundia Tiburon 2.0 liter engine when steering wheel

Customer Question

A 2003 Hyundia Tiburon 2.0 liter engine when steering wheel is turned even just part way the steering pump pulley seems to jam some and causes the belt to squeal. Belt tension seems to be adequate.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

It appears to me that the power steering pump bearing is shot. Replace the pump.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got your response which sounds reasonable but I won't know for a few weeks yet if it works because it's my granddaughters car and that's when she will have the money to buy the part. I will respond.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

That's fine...