Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2009 Accent and I had the master cylinder replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Accent and I had the master cylinder replaced but I don't think the system was bled properly after reading your reply about the tuscon. How much time should a Mechanic bill to properly bleed the brakes on my 09 Accent?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The Labor Time Guide calls for .7hr to complete the "correct" bleeding of the system. However, this can vary and can sometimes take up to an hour, depending on how much air was in the system. Especially if the master cylinder was faulty, this could let in a lot of air. The master cylinder should have also been "bench bled" before the install. If this was not done, this can make the bleeding time even more, and if not done correctly it can produce soft or "spongy" brake pedal.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..