AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

2005 hyundia sonata idles rough, chaned plugs, coiols wires

Customer Question

2005 hyundia sonata idles rough, chaned plugs , coiols wires intake hoses cleaned throttle plate. What do you think?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Have you checked to see if the EGR valve is getting vacuum when sitting at idle? Remove the hose and check to see if there is any vacuum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they go bad, is it it electronic or mechanical diaphram

The EGR on your car is a standard vacuum operated egr valve controlled by the egr control solenoid. If the vacuum line has vacuum, then your solenoid is faulty. If you don't have vacuum, then I would suggest removing the EGR valve and making sure it's not defective or stuck open.

If the check engine light is on, that would help us to be more certain of what is happening, but the egr vavle is where I would start.

Please let me know how that goes and if you need further assistance.

I am here to help.

Please be aware that any money you have paid is in a deposit account here on JustAnswer
and has not been paid to me. I do not get credit until you are ready to rate me at or above
3 stars. If you do not feel as though you are able to rate me at or above 3 stars,please let
me know and I will do everything I can to assist you until you are satisfied. Please do not
resort to leaving a negative rating. Follow ups are always free. Thank you for allowing me
to help you with your automotive concerns.