Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm trying to re-attach the pull cord to the exterior door

Customer Question

I'm trying to re-attach the pull cord to the exterior door handle for a 2008 Santa Fe. This diagram shows how to replace the handle only.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If you have not done so, you need to remove the door trim panel and then the front door module. At that point you will see the plastic clips on the end of the actuating rods that go from the exterior and interior door handles to the actuator and you will clip them into place on the actuator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I probably wasn't clear. It's the rear door. And the rods are connected to the 'actuator'. It became disconnected near the exterior door handle.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, for the rear door, there is no actuator rod or cable. There is a hook that is part of the door handle that connects straight into the actuator(see attached diagram) when you install the door handle and slide it forward

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I was out of town most of the day and was Firefox tackling the handle. I have removed the handle assembly from the outside. Looking into the place where the handle goes I see a cord that is not attached to the actuator. I have tried to place the fat end of the wire into the housing. However when I pull the lever to open the door the wire becomes disconnected. Am I able to place the wire in the assembly from the outside? Is it possible that the housing is broken which is why the wire comes out? If pictures would make it easier let me know.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out as I dont show any cord from the exterior door handle to the actuator. If another expert has the correct information, they will post here.