Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2004 elantra and was trying to program a new

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 elantra and was trying to program a new remote. I followed you instructions and got to the ETACS but I could not find the set switch. I unplugged the antenna and felt around, didn't sense any tape but felt an indentation. It is a small space everything is on the side of the unit so I could not see it face on. Tried a bent paper clip to see if I could catch the switch, but it didn't work. Any tool would have to turn 90 degrees to fit in the space. Any suggestions?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The only way I know of to program a transmitter to the vehicle is via scan tool. The method you mentioned is not listed in the repair guides.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, this is odd. I submitted my question in response to a Just Answer post from "David - Heavy Duty Repair Mechanic" dated 25 Mar 2007. I followed the procedure specified and was having trouble with the last step. Evidently you are not aware of this post from David. You can see it here: http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/4e02512eb9504e00bf77d9a90462cba0#re.v/288/
Can you point me to the right person to follow up on this? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also please cc responses to my e-mail:***@******.***

What the other tech wrote back in 2001 was a recall procedure for a 2001 model though he still left out to do that procedure a code saver tool is needed. Those steps will not work on your model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still confused. The other tech's write up clearly states that it is applicable to a 2004 Elantra. (Also, the post was dated 2007). If what you are saying is correct, then that write up is false and misleading. Do you agree?

I agree, it appears incorrect since that is not how we do it at the dealer nor do the repair guides mention anything about this method for your year model.