George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Okay, so my fiance has an 07 Hyundai Elantra. The problem

Customer Question

Hello! Okay, so my fiance has an 07 Hyundai Elantra. The problem she is having is with her turn signals on the drivers side, both back and front. And when i mean not work, i mean, they will flash quickly and the signals dont flash. They will work sometimes, and sometimes not. Sometimes they will even work when you use the turn signal and then flash quickly after a couple seconds (and vice versa).
I've also noticed that when she sometimes uses her key fob to unlock the car, the headlight and signals don't work. This happens rarely.
Any info on this would be appreciated. I've just recently been made aware of this because she thought it wasn't important. Haha I'm thinking fuse or turn signal switch.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If the connector is cracked you need to replace it as it is making an intermittent connection. You also need to check the rear bulbs and replace any that show discoloration.

Please let me know how i can help you with your questions

Thank you

\

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you, I have been unable to apply said advice yet.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

That is OK, let me know what happens when you get a chance to check

Thanks for letting me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I am unable to speak on the phone, please post what you found and I will help any way I can.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both bulbs look completely fine. The connecter has been replaced on front driver side. Still a problem. I heard it may also be the turn signal switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked turn signal fuse. Also looks good.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I am just about to go down to Sunday dinner with my mother (she is 98) and will be offline for about 1.5 hours, can we continue then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem. :) And 98, good job Mom!! :D
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, I will post when I get back

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

It could be the turn switch but it would not be the first place I would check.

Do the hazard lights all work?

You mentioned that a headlamp socket was cracked? Was the turn bulb connector ok or is it the multi connector that has the problem?

This is on the same (driver's side?)

Let me know if the flashers work and all bulbs are the same brightness.

If this is intermittant can you determine what causes it to fail? Rain? Heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a pic of what was cracked. That area to the left that is open is where the headlight is. I realize that the turn signal is located on the opposite side but wanted to be sure. And it has gotten colder in the last couple of hours now that you mention it. It was working fine a couple of hours ago.Was just at the store, went to turn on hazards and all came on except front driver side turn signal. Also before that, hit the lock button on car and only the same lights lit up.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Then you know the problem is in the front turn lamp, either the bulb is not correct, not installed correctly or the wiring between the switch and the bulb is the problem, The easy way to check the bulbs is to swap sides, if the problem follows the bulb then you know it needs to be replaced. If it stays then either the connector or the wiring is where the problem is. Swapping the bulbs will give you a chance to inspect the socket and that part of the wiring.

Any damage to that front corner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She just told me that yes, there was damage to that front driver side. It was then all repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened years ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

It can take years for damage to show up but your picture shows the connector for the turn signals to the lamp housing. If you pull it apart you will find a burnt or loose connection. The pins on the other side may be the problem or there may be corrosion inside but that is the problem.

The color of the turn wire is the yellow/orange stripe and the black wire. Get those connected through the connector to the bulb and that will solve the issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you