Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

2011 Sonata. Just replaced the rubber coupling on the MDPS.

Customer Question

2011 Sonata. Just replaced the rubber coupling on the MDPS. EPS and ESC lights are on. No power steering. Codes are C1260 and P0106. Will the MDPS not operate if the SAS needs reset? That is, if I have the SAS reset, is it reasonable to expect the MDPS to start working? I've checked all connections and the MDPS fuse.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code C 1260 can be set due to any of the following,

• Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) Calibration
  • Wheel Alignment

SInce you changes the coupling then its likely the calibration is the problem and to reset it you are going to need a compatiable scan tool. See the steps below,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cal%20Oct%2026.pdf

The code P0106 can be set by any of the following,
  • Air Cleaner
  • Low Intake Manifold Vacuum
  • Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
  • MAP Sensor Wiring

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some checking as well. See the steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0106%20Oct%2026.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately, you did not answer my question. I'll try again. If the SAS needs to be reset (code c1260), will this prevent the MDPS from working? That is, does the logic in the power steering control computer prevent the power steering motor from getting turned on if the SAS need to be reset? Although the information you did provide would be generally useful, I was already aware of it. I was merely trying to determine if I should stop working and take my Sonata to the dealer for the SAS reset because I can't afford a compatible scan tool to do it myself. Thanks again.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes the SAS needs to be reset and that is the place to start which will likely resolve the problem you are having.