Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2012 Hyundai sonata got in an accident on the driver side

Customer Question

Hi, my 2012 Hyundai sonata got in an accident on the driver side mostly on the fender and tire. The key would not turn to at all so that I could close the windows from weather.I know the vehicle would lock if it was locked off in drive.Does the car have an accident safety security feature? Is there a way to unlock it? (The brakes aswell is hard.)
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

There is not any safety reset switch. If the driver airbag deployed, there may be steering column damage preventing the key from turning, or the clockspring inside the column may be damaged. you can try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to reset the system and then reconnect and try the key, but likely will not work