Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

My car has starting problems at times. All lights on and

Customer Question

My car has starting problems at times. All lights on and working, engine does not turn over. i should also mention i have a store bought alarm system on the car for the last 3 years- could this be the problem ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

******* THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER, I JUST NEED MORE INFORMATION ********

.

Do you know if there is power to the starter when the key is turned to start? (when it's not starting)

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jerry, I am not sure. the only thing that happens when i turn the key is that the dashboard lights up, radio plays..but no response from the engine.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. There have been a lot of intermitent issues like that on them, (inhibitor switch) that may be out of adjustment, or bad. There is a factory service bulletin for it.

.

I do not have access to your email address,

I can get the bulletin and instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the private section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

How did you do with it? (before you pay a mechanic to do more work that isn't needed)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A new mechanic looked at it and said that it was a relay issue with my alarm which was interfering with the starter . I disconnected the alarm. So far no issues.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Good job! Thank you for using the site and please let me know if you need anything on it in the future, or if the problem returns, thanks again.