Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1 diagnostics, 32 years. Electrical expert
13677702

Trying to remove light assembly as per manual, have removed

Customer Question

trying to remove light assembly as per manual , have removed the two top bolts and the nut shown in diagram, still will not come out, have removed power plug as well. Don't want to force till I know I've done it all correct. 2007 Azura limited
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Unsure if I can help till I know what light you are trying to remove?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Low beam ,driver side of car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

checking, just bulb not the whole light?

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

its only the two top bolts and back nut as you mentioned, What is it doing/not doing per say. it need a little effore to wiggle and remove, There is nothing else holding it if you got the right nut on the back

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

there is a retaining clip on the out side corner so it has to be forced a, little to unclip that retainer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall; Cant use phone as I'm deaf . unit seems to be hanging up on bottom of assemble, tapped it with my hand on the right side and that now does not want to come back out flush with fender. Just trying to change bulb, but guess now may have to remove assembly anyway to get assembly back in outside clip ?
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I think there is a tab on the bottom but for sure the clip on the outer corner,. Kind of takes some wiggling , pulling and tilting it some to get it out, You have removed all that is holding it, just the clip and bottom tab remains

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't want to break the tab on the bottom but will apply a little force and see what happens; apparently have to get it out now and not sure how that bottom clip is situated, I've lifted it up some and tried back and forth but just hung up and as I said rather not break something if possible to remove w/o breaking .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I could get the outside tab in w/o breaking something and could get the bulb out w/o removing the complete assembly I would but manual says remove assembly so?
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

understood, that tab is a bit tight, need to work it , or wedge a stick in to help pop the tab loose, I can only confirm that all the bolts/nuts are out and what is left