Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Does it cost money to ask a question?
, The radiator fan

Customer Question

Customer: Does it cost money to ask a question?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The radiator fan keeps running after I shut off the engine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Local gas station attendant said to shut engine off and check car in an hour. If fan still running, pull the fuse that's associated with the radiator fan. I don't want the fan to run all night as it will drain battery and I have to drive someone to school early in the morning.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid the $20 but then got a screen where I was asked to sign up for a membership. Not comfortable with that. Had thought that the $20 would get my question answered.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I don't exactly know how the billing on Just answer works, as experts we get paid based on our ability to help the customer solve their concern and never really see what you end up paying on your end.

If you are still interested I would be happy to help. If your fans are staying on all of the time I'm pretty sure I know the cause and can help you fix it yourself.

Are you still interested in this service? Please don't rate my willingness to help or the quality of my help based on your concerns with cost of the Just Answer website. I cannot influence that cost in any way; we experts are sort of contractors.

Please let me know if you want to proceed, and if not I will gladly opt out of the question.