Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 08 elantre alarm goes off intermittently, any

Customer Question

My 08 elantre alarm goes off intermittently, any suggestions? Where is the alarm module located?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

while normally this is a faulty hood switch, if this started AFTER the front passenger door was replaced, I would suspect the door ajar switch for it.

The control module is located behind the dash, mounted to the left center dash carrier support brace - see photo attached

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer isYES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks