Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 1999 Hyundai Elantra that quits running about 10

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Hyundai Elantra that quits running about 10 minutes after running. Cranks but won't start. Let it sit for a couple of hours and it will start.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark to the spark plugs, proper fuel pressure and injector pulse. In order to determine what is causing the problem you are having you are going to need to check each one of these thing when the engine will not start. If you can do this and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the car is running my Snap-On scanner will read all info. When the car quits running the scanner losses communication. It will crank but I can't get the scanner to connect.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Can you check and see if you loosing spark and or injector pulse and let me know which one you are loosing ?