sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2009 Hyundai santa fe GLS. last month or so the

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Hyundai santa fe GLS. For the last month or so the HVAC comes on by itself. I hit the off button and it will come back on. This morning in my 5 minute ride to train I probably turned it off 10x. Any idea what could be causing this?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The problem is almost surely with the control head itself but it's possible that a power or ground is being lost and then coming back and waking the control head up. Odds are that isn't the case.

I assume you have automatic temperature control. Does the temperature stay at the same setting when this happens or does it keep resetting?

Does it ever turn off on it's own while you have it turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have auto temp control and I have not experienced it shutting off on its own when it's on

Has anything been done to try to repair it?

Did the problem tart after a repair, jump start, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started out of the blue and I have not attempted a repair. I am thinking of replacing the control head based on this discussion.

Do you have access to a full capability scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not

If you don't have the means to do any electrical testing then I would recommend going ahead with replacing the control head.