Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

Had a dead battery on 2008 Sonata, and it was jumpstarted

Customer Question

Had a dead battery on 2008 Sonata, and it was jumpstarted incorrectly which fried the alternator fuse. Replaced the fuse, now it starts but ESC Off light and emergency brake lights stay on. Checked all fuses, all good to go. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Now you need to check for malfunction codes . there are so many untold story's that can happen when a battery is crossed jumped.

Besides fuses you can burn out control modules , melt wiring harness together giving a short in the system .

You will now need to have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool check for malfunction codes

this will help you in finding the problem you have now ..

Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you sorted out this issue .

Rgds Greg