Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

My 2010 Elantra has started doing something different in the

Customer Question

My 2010 Elantra has started doing something different in the last week. Before, when I started it, there was 1 "ping" of the seat belt alert chime, and it would sound about once per second until the seatbelt was fastened.
It has now started giving a double "ping" when the car is first started, a sort of "pi-ping" and then proceeds normally.
Is this a problem with the car's computer? A sensor?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if there is a problem with the SRS system the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting, if you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.