George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Where do I find the fuel pump relay switch on my Hyundai

Customer Question

Where do I find the fuel pump relay switch on my Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 manual 2.4
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if this is really the problem, but my car starts fine, then after 5 seconds or so it stalls. I tried putting key in on position, heard what I thought was fuel pump, then turned to start. I then turned the key back to the on position before it could quit and got it to continue to run. I went back and forth with this and the fuel pump seems to be working fine. With the key in the running position however it stops.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The FP relay is as shown here >click<

The same diagram should be printed on the cover for the underhood fuse block

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I'm looking for a relay, not a relay switch... sorry I didn't explain it better.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

They are one and the same, the relay is as shown in the link above and on the cover for the fuse block.

Let me know how i can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea if replacing the relay would be a good place to start considering my issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Your issue was added after I posted my answer to your question about the relay location.

I cannot guess if the relay is the cause of your complaint but I can show you the location as I have done. Relays rarely fail, you will have to test the systems of the vehicle to determine the fault.

If you have found the relay with my help please leave a positive rating. If you want troubleshooting advice please post that as a new question

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine, but all you gave me a diagram that I already have an knew about.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

You asked me for the location of the relay? If you knew the location why would you ask?

That is the question I answered, you added troubleshooting after the original question.

If I answered you question about the location please rate positive. If you have another question about troubleshooting please post that and you will be helped with that question.