peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I recently purchased a 2013 Elantra. I purchased the

Customer Question

i recently purchased a 2013 Elantra. I purchased the requisite IPod cable per the manual. I have an IPod Classic. When I plug it in to the sound system, it plays fine. However, it will not shuffle the music files, rather it plays them alphabetically. Once you plug the IPod in, you can't use any of the controls as the sound system takes over. Is there anything that can be done to change this.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models a dealer has to reprogram the audio system components when an Ipod is retro fitted like this here.If you have not contacted a dealer to see if this is the case here to where it needs reprogrammed this should be done.If this was already done with no success let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.