Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT. Heating was working fine

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT. Heating was working fine until I had new heater hoses and coolant replaced. Now the heat fluctuates with high heat at high RPM and no heat at idle. What is causing to do this? Tom.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** means you have air trapped in cooling system. ​Raise the front of the vehicle 1 to 2 feet in the air while having a cooling system filling funnel on the radiator. Rev the motor to 3K several times when at full operating temperature to force the air pocket out of the heater core. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.