sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My2009 Sonata's windows, door locks and mirrors quit

Customer Question

My2009 Sonata's windows, door locks and mirrors quit working. I checked all the fuses and they are intact. What could the possible problem be? I recently had both front seat belts replaced
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, the trunk release does not work either.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If these items all stopped at once and fuses are good then I would first suspect a wiring issue. When you open the door you will note a boot between the door and body. This is where the wiring harness runs from the door to the main body harness. This wiring flexes each time the door opens and closes and can eventually break. If power or or ground wire to the mirror and window switches broke then it will cause what you're having.

The next step if fuses are good will either be to remove the door panel and test the powers and grounds to the switches, or open the boot and inspect the wiring for breaks.