Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

I have a 2007 Santa Fe 2.7. The car bucks when on the ghway

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Santa Fe 2.7. The car bucks when on the highway at speeds of 60-80mph. It also seems to hesitate when moving from a start. The bucking problem gets worse on hills. Check engine light does not come on. Idle seems fine
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks