K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Are you sure you are wanting this issue?

Customer Question

are you sure you are wanting this issue?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started with the car was overheated and the head gasket need to be replaced. Replaced it and used spec to reinstall new head bolts. Once the head was re-installed we used a socket and spun the crankshaft with timing belt installed to insure that there was no metal on metal clanking. Then started the car to make sure timing was still on and the car would run and idle, we installed all the belts and covers and went to start the car and take it for a spin and the car would start but die. With a lot of trial and error we found that if the alternator belt was not on the car would start and idle, but the min you turn the AC on the car would die. the min you put the car in drive the car would die. Here is a list of everything we have replaced and still the car dies when a load is put on it. Oh and the psi of the cylinder are as; 1-2-4 are 180psi and 3 is 150psi.
Parts replaced: Crank and Cam shaft sensors - up and down stream O2 sensors - MAF - Coils, plugs, plug wires - Catalytic converter - PCV - Head Gasket - Thermostat - Fuel Pressure Regulator - EGR Valve.
Timing is TDC on compression stroke and marks are lined up. PLEASE someone help or have any ideas....
recap- when there is nothing but the main block hooked up the car will start and idle, the min a load is put on it, the car dies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
I am not sure if I can help or not as you dont mention the year, make, model and engine size - these are all required.
As well as any fault codes stored
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01 santa fe 2.4l / no codes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Sorry, I will need to opt out - not one I specialize in enough to help. If another expert can help, they will post here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i just sit here and wait for someone to help me?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i still need help with this question
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

I'll do my bst to assist you. Is the battery fully charged to 12.6 volts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** run with the alternator belt on if the A/C is off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, starts and dies
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

HAve you tried to spin the alternator by hand to see if it has a bad bearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bears are good, the car will run with nothing on it. Once you put it in gear it dies, if you hook the alt belt up will wont stay running and if you hook the ac belt it will run until you turn it on
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, I'm going to open this back up so other experts may respond while I look over a few things on this. Myself or someone else will be with you shortly.