Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

CAN A POWER ASSISTED UNIT BE INSTALLED ON A 2010 TUCSON? IT

Customer Question

CAN A POWER ASSISTED UNIT BE INSTALLED ON A 2010 TUCSON? IT WOULD BE A "GOD SEND" TO FOLKS LIKE ME, 73 YEARS OLD AND SUFFERING FROM OSTEO ARTHRIS.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION !!!
GEORGE CULVER ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Montgomery, Alabama
203 n. capitol pkwy. 36107
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
The short answer is no.
Due to the design of the engine, including placement of all components at front of the engine where a traditional power steering pump would go, there simply is zero spare space for one.
In addition, Hyundai doesnt make a bracket for one, nor do they make a rack and pinion that would be compatible with your vehicle that hooks to a power steering pump, nor do they make hoses. So all of these would need to be fabricated from scratch, which would be cost prohibitive.
You would end up paying almost what the vehicle is worth to have an engineering company and fabrication company design and make these parts, even if one could find a space to install them.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks