Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm trying to figure out which harness on my 2008 Hyundai

Customer Question

I'm trying to figure out which harness on my 2008 Hyundai sonata goes to the fuel pump. Evidently there was debris in my fuel pump connector and the dealer wants 500 for the harness. I currently have my fuel pump hard wired
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Floor Harness F45 is for the fuel pump motor and fuel sender assembly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Eric. I'm actually on eBay trying to get thus thing off one of the junked cars like mine. None say anything like F45. Would there be a more laymen's name, like right engine or trunk harness or something like that? Also is there anywhere I could get one other than the dealer. 500-900 is a killer....
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It is Floor Harness - section F45. There are several different floor wiring harnesses on this vehicle. The only identifier is the Fxx number. For this section, it is F45.
There are not any aftermarket companies that make the wiring harness, so your options are limited to either a junkyard, the dealer, or trying to find one on ebay.
You may want to try thru http://www.car-part.com/
They are a national locator service for parts thru salvage yards and used part recyclers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate the link you sent me. Which fuel pump sending unit match the description?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
There is one that mentions the floor
2008
Electrical Part Other
Hyundai Sonata 2.4,AT,FWD,PW,PL,TCDR,FLR A A10725 $250 Andrews Auto Salvage USA-GA(Griffin) E-mail 1-***-***-****
I would call them first and ask if includes the fuel pump sending unit harness