Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

I have a 2004 Hundai Santa Fe with automatic tranny. About 6

Customer Question

Mike:
I have a 2004 Hundai Santa Fe with automatic tranny. About 6 months ago the suv starting jerking when shifting from 1rst to second. Doesn't do it all the time, but starting to do more frequently. No engine lite comes on, tranny service done at 122,000 miles, tranny flushed, new fluid and filter.
the tranny is presently full of fluid, fluid looks really good as far as color,
bright reddish.
I suspect the tranny might be getting bad and I estimate approx $3--4,000 to fix. Thinking about possibly trading it.
Greg
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

I do see some bulletins for harsh shifting but generally they do set codes. That being said, I would have a transmission shop condemn the transmission before you do. They can read the solenoids and activate them with the proper tools to determine if there is a major problem or something not so bad, so to speak. You could have an issue with the output shaft speed sensor or with the 1-2 shift solenoid, that may be repairable for well under the amount it would be to replace it. Since you don't seem to have burned fluid, or any signs of bad clutches, you might get out of this for a lot less then you think. If it comes back with major issues, then you can always trade out of it.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.