Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

We have a 95 accent with a bottom alt bracket that is broken

Customer Question

we have a 95 accent with a bottom alt bracket that is broken
we want to see if it needs welded or how to fix
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when we got the car dad said it was alumnim welded so there is no bracke to replace. on pictures it showed there is...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we replace it ourselves or should just have the shop do it?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am not finding a diagram of it, can you send me a photo of the bracket and possibly shoot it through the wheel well since it's in such a bad location? Use the paper clip icon to upload the photo or send me a link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have car here..but does alt lower screws go into something. heres why were asking. the alternator belt keeps coming off and wont stay on. the only thing we can see is this broken bracket. there isnt a tensioner we can firn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this will decide if we are going to take it to the shop or bring home to fix
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am showing an engine accessory bracket I believe this is the bracket that needs replacing. If this is the spacer at the bottom of the alternator that the pinch bolt goes through.

I don't have a diagram, but the labor time is about 1.5 hours for an experienced mechanic, so it can be replaced, but I guess it depends on your skill set to take it to a shop or not.