Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

Cannot bleed right rear caliper after line replacement. Left

Customer Question

Cannot bleed right rear caliper after line replacement. Left rear bleeds ok
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

what method are you using to bleed the brakes? are you using one guy inside the car holding the brake pedal down while another loosens the bleeder screw?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we tried it with the scanner and a person in the car, front left caliper will not bleed out as well. we also tried it with batter disconnected and connected. key on key off literally everything
Ok. can you have someone sit in the car, pump the brake pedal a few times, then hold it. While holding the pedal, crack the right rear flare nut. Not the bleeder screw. Does any fluid come out or does it make a slight hiss?
At our shop we always bleed brakes using a motive pressure bleeder and it always works great. IT has a cap that attaches to the top of the master cylinder and pushes the fluid through the system. If that is not available to you then a mity vac will work as well. You could also try to gravity bleed them but that will take a while. If you try that keep checking the master cylinder fluid level and be patient.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have tried all that including bleeding it from the flare nut, weve tried everything under the sun, we think its the pump module not letting fluid through, we are a repair shop and this is something weve never seen before

so you have tried everything from an automated bleed using the scan tool and a pressure bleeder? In that case I will opt out and so someone else can contribute.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Looks like the ABS unit ran dry when you was replacing the brake line .
Only way now to bleed this system is with a scan tool with the bleed system program .
You will have to go into Anti-lock brake system and Air bleeding mode.
This will tell you which solenoid valves to operate to bleed the unit then you can do the bleeding of the brake lines .
Always best to clamp lines just before the area that will be removed
to stop the ABS unit from running dry.
If needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.