K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I am looking at purchasing a 2013 Santa fe sport and in the

Customer Question

I am looking at purchasing a 2013 Santa fe sport and in the test drive it was raining and humid and the defrost did not seem to clear the windshield. Is this a common issue?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is not a common problem. Usually this is due to poor airflow to the defrost vents or the A/C system not performing properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. So would you suggest that I have the dealership check the AC and vent or just pass on the vehicle?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

I would have them inspect the A/C system. When on defrost the A/C acts as a dehumidifier. If it's diagnosed as something expensive to repair it would give you some room for price negotioations