Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I purchased a 2008 Hyundai Santa fe in 2012. Since Dec of

Customer Question

I purchased a 2008 Hyundai Santa fe in 2012. Since Dec of 2012 I've had to have the TPS sensor replaced, Fuel Sensor replaced, Temperature Actuator replaced, battery replaced 2x (last one installed Sept 2014, alternator replaced Jan 2014 & alternator just went dead yesterday. Do u think there's a short circuit/electrical system issue? If so how do I go about finding out if this is the issue? I've spent $3200 in the last 3 yrs with Hyundai dealerships & tired of paying for "new" parts and services when I think there's a bigger issue at hand. What do you advise?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The TPS, fuel sensor, and temp actuator all look to be independent failures.

The battery failure do look to be related to the alternator concerns.

The repeat alternator failure looks most likely to be a faulty refurbished part.

I can not find a way to blame all of these on one issue.

When you do get the replacement alternator installed I would then have a battery and charging system test done as well as a battery drain test.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris