K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

2011 SANTE FE 3.5 WHERE THE BLOCK & TRANS COME TOGETHER OIL

Customer Question

2011 SANTE FE 3.5 WHERE THE BLOCK & TRANS COME TOGETHER OIL LEAKING FROM PORT OR HOLE AT TOP OF BLOCK IN CAVITY SPACE ABOVE REAR MAIN , BETWEEN ENGINE & TRANS APPEARS TO BE A FEED LINE TO CLYINDER HEAD, IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE THERE & WHAT IS IT HAVE SENT PICTURES TO LOCAL HYUNDAI DEALER THEY DON'T KNOW EITHER PLEASE HELP
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, could you please upload the picture here? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Above where the rear main seal we are getting a leak from attached you will find picture of where the trans & block come together in the closest of the pictures you will see a port with a hole in the bottom of it we are trying to figure out what goes in there or was there please help, please bear in mind picture is turned 90 degrees counter clock wise
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

I clocked the photo 90 degrees and circled the area I think you're speaking of, is that it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no in this picture right next to the lettering on the component there is a cavity with a hole
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be fine hold & then when you the vehicle at 3,000 rpm's on lift, oil light will come on & oil will come out of this hole
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Ok I think I see it now, see below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** like casting fatique caused the hole. I would suggest removing the rear main housing and see if there's a crack extending from the bolt to the area.

I've only seen this once before over the years and it was pretty much identical to this but on a GM motor.