Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2012 Hyundai sonata a/c blows cold sometimes and most

Customer Question

my 2012 Hyundai sonata a/c blows cold sometimes and most time doesn't.
I have the a/c checked and the Freon is fine....looking for possible causes
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
There are a few possible causes -
restriction in low side(expansion valve)
restriction in high side(condenser)
sticking temperature blend door
faulty temperature blend door actuator
Check with the shops and see if either one got pressure readings for both low and high side when the ac was not blowing cold. If they did, find out what they were and post them here.
That will tell me whether it is a restriction in the system or an issue with the blend door or blend door actuator
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi side is 200 and low side is low thirties
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, great. Pressures are where they need to be, so this eliminates anything in the actual refrigerant system and means that we have an issue with the temperature blend door or the blend door actuator.
The actuator needs to be tested to see that it is operating properly. If it is , then the blend door inside the hvac housing behind the dash is broken. If not, then the actuator will need to be replaced