peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2003 Santa Fe 6 cyd all wheel drive. Car is parked and when

Customer Question

2003 Santa Fe 6 cyd all wheel drive. Car is parked and when you put it in reverse you can not back up put back in park then reverse again and the car starts to move and then pops and drives fine. The car is also very loud when driving on the road.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have the shifter linkage/cable inspected for any broken or damaged cable areas.If a fault is found with the linkage or cable this will need repaired to correct this here.In some cases this can be an internal transmission mechanical fault with the valve body causing transmission noise and shifting issues needing replaced.This will need to be inspected further to locate and repair the cause.
Thanks Pete